Monday, May 16, 2011

ID magazine cover - Thoughts


I don't know why I like this cover.. I think it might be her hair... or more specifically the hair colour. It's grey. As in the colour it turns when you age... I like the juxtaposition of her young face against the long grey hair. Something interesting in that... I guess that's because we hardly ever see grey hair on a magazine cover, it's nice for a change.. May be if we saw grey hair portrayed as cool more often we wouldnt all be so petrified of ageing. That is all. 

8 comments:

Lee Oliveira said...

I do like this cover too.. Its good for a change having a different model with unique looks rather than models with heaps of airbrushed touches.
lee x

Oh to Be a Muse said...

i actually like this cover because of the same reason: the hair color is pretty cool against the skin.

You should enter my Towne & Reese jewelry giveaway!

http://www.ohtobeamuse.com/2011/05/inspiring-style-towne-and-reese-jewelry.html

Ramona said...

I do like her hair colour too!haha! I wish I had the same colour as well :)

xoxo Ra

Estefanía Ainoza said...

Amazing picture!!

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

I love your analysis. x hivenn

Project Curve said...

i actually like grey hair in general on real people as well.i tink it's cool..but isn't there something androgynous about the photo?i find the strong jawline and the lips are not as sensuous as a usual cover model's lips appear.

Zarna said...

agreed! i was thinking about putting a grey streak in my hair one day!

Mani said...

Isn't she from Karl Lagerfeld movie!?
She looks incredible....I just can't stop looking at her, very interesting face!

hugs and kisses by Mani.